We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users. We hope the details on this page will answer any questions you have regarding Personal Data or Security but if not, please do get in touch with us.
The terms ‘KM Ceilings’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Our role as the Data Controller
“The Data Controller is a person or organisation who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.:
We are the sole Data Controllers for this website. With respect to the personal data of our website users; we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that data.
Intended Website Users
This website is directed at consumers, to inform them about our products and services. The site and it’s content are directed at adults over the age of 16. While those under 16 can view the site and it’s content, users of our services are consumers above this age.
Any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) given to us while using our website is only shared with our trusted data processors. The data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, marketing (if consent is given), analysis, security, back-ups and communicating with you.
Data is collected in the following ways:
Any information submitted through our contact forms will be held securely on our servers. Clear consent must be given to this Policy when submitting any data through our contact forms. All data will be stored for up to 24 months and used to contact you regarding your enquiry.
User account information and contact form information may also be held in a backup of the website. Backups are stored for 30 days, after which they are deleted permanently.
Analytics & Tracking
We will sometimes be required to share data with trusted Third Parties who act as Data Processors on our behalf. Data will only be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, marketing (if consent is given), security, back-ups and communicating with you.
“Data Processors are a person or organisation who deals with personal data as instructed by the controller for specific purposes and services offered to the controller that involve personal data processing.”
To keep your data safe and protect your privacy, we have a strict policy with these organisations:
- The only data given to the Processor will be what they need to perform their specific services.
- We only give them permission to use the data for the exact purposes we agree in our contract with them.
- We only use trusted Data Processors with clear terms and conditions and policies to ensure full compliance with privacy legislation.
- If we stop using any of our Data Processors, all of the data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
We will never share your data with third parties for their own purposes unless you have given explicit consent for us to do so.
This website is hosted on servers located in London, United Kingdom, where the website data is held.
Data Transfers Outside the EEA
Our trusted Data Processors may be required to transfer data outside of the EEA when acting on our behalf to provide services. We will regularly check that the organisations are all GDPR compliant for data transfer outside the EEA.
This website is scanned daily for Malware, which is removed immediately if found.
- All security is handled at server level, rather than relying on third-party security plugins
- Secure password best practices are enforced on the site for Administrators
- Login attempts are limited at both site and server level, to protect against brute-force attacks
- Intelligent IP blocking detects intruders and blocks them across all sites on the servers within seconds
- All core updates are handled automatically by our hosting provider to ensure the site is running the most up-to-date and secure version of the system
User Rights and Choices
If you wish to access, transfer or delete the data held about you, please contact us. Once notified we can then initiate the process required.
Your data can be removed from our Email Marketing system by unsubscribing via the link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails.
Your data may also be held within a site backup. Backups are stored for 30 days, after which they are deleted permanently
Changes to this Policy
This Policy was last updated on 15/05/2018